Sunday, October 6, 2019

Tutti Frutti Cake


 Tutti Frutti Cake

What does one do with leftover curds in the frig and some broken wheat? Well, if you know me well then I would combine the two and come up with either a healthy breakfast or dessert item. Oh yes! I forgot to mention tutti frutti lying in the frig for months from my christmas cake ingredients. So I did a quick calculation and came up with the quick and easy cake. Except for the tutti frutti the rest of the ingredients are healthy and wholesome as usual. So go on and bake this one. Its a little heavy so a piece with tea or coffee will go a long way. I enjoy it with my green tea. I keep it in the frig and just microwave it for 10 secs when I want to eat it. This way I enjoy it fresh for a week.
           

Ingredients
Broken Wheat – ½ cup
Whole wheat flour – ½ cup
Jaggery powder – ¾ cup
Egg – 1
Curd (low fat) – 1 cup
Coconut oil – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Salt- ¼ tsp
Tutti frutti – ¾ cup


Method
Pulse the broken wheat to fine semolina like consistency
Soak in curds for about 20 to 30 mins
Add salt, wheat flour and little water to mix them well
Add jaggery powder and mix well
Add oil and essence and beat well
Dissolve baking powder and soda in little milk and add to the mixture and beat well again
Beat an egg well and add to the mixture and mix slowly to blend well
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 25 mins till done
Cool well
This cake tastes good the next day when the flavours and sweetness are well soaked





                                          
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment