Saturday, October 19, 2019

Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice,,,Prawns in Pepper Garlic Sauce

Less-Guilty Chinese Meal


What do yo do when you are dying for a change of taste and have raw chicken, prawns and leftover cooked brown rice? And I forgot to add, all those sauces that I want to finish so I can get a fresh stock!! Had it not been for those sauces nudging me, I would have made a two-layered biryani with prawns forming the upper layer. So Chinese it had to be. I did not want the typical oily fried rice. So the Indo-Chinese Rice seemed an excellent option. Although the original recipe has roasted cashewnuts and raisins. I avoided the nuts to reduce the calories. And raisins only go into my desserts, at the most I don't mind it in my vegetable biryani.
Prawns had to be the pepper garlic variety - my all-time favourite. So here I go. And yes, feel free to add a bit of your favourite sauces or up the garlic, ginger or spice quotient.  So here I go!

Note: However healthy we may try to be by using brown rice instead of white, less oil and stuff, I want to stress on the point that this Indo-Chinese is still not a healthy meal. I have it probably once in two months or so. The bottled sauces are defintely a no-no for regular meals. I like my Indian cooking where I make my masala fresh and grind the spices. This was my cheat meal of the week!

Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice


Ingredients
Chicken (boneless) - 250 gms
Spring onion – 1 bunch (medium)
Capsicum – 2 (medium)
Carrot (chopped) – ½ cup
Garlic (crushed) – 1 tbsp
Ginger (grated) – 1 tbsp
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Chili tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
Brown rice (cooked) – 1 ½ cups
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste       
Oil – 2 tbsp


Method
Cut chicken into small cubes. Add salt and pepper and little water and cook it
Dice whites of the onions and capsicum into small pieces
Slice carrots into thin pieces
Heat 1 tbsp oil
Sauté ginger for a minute
Add onion, capsicum, garlic paste and salt

Sauté till the mixture becomes soft
Add carrots and mix well
Keep it aside
Heat 1 tbsp oil
Add the cooked chicken along with the stock and the sauces
Sauté it for about 5 minutes
Add rice and mix well
Cover it for 5 minutes for the flavors to blend well

Add the sautéed veggies and the greens of the spring onions


Prawns in Pepper Garlic Sauce


Ingredients
Prawns - 200 medium (steamed)
Spring Onions - 2 stalks
Garlic (sliced finely) - 10 flakes
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
Pepper sauce - 2 tbsp
Peppercorn (crushed) - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Method
Microwave the prawns for 10 seconds
Heat the oil
Add garlic and sauté
Add onion whites and stir fry
Add the onion greens, sauces and peppercorn
Sauté for 1 minute
Add the lobsters and mix slowly 



Health Benefits of Prawns
Rich in protein, omega-3, vitamins A and E, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus
Has low fat content
High level of zinc - improves immunity
Contains copper, phosphorus, and magnesium – promotes bone health
Anti-oxidants - improves skin health
Anti-ageing - prevents formation of wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet
Protects skin against harmful UV rays
Boosts collagen 


Health Benefits of Brown Rice
Helps in weight management
Anti-diabetic
Anti-inflammatory properties
Gluten free
Promotes heart health
Energy booster

No comments:

Post a Comment