Monday, July 11, 2016

Whole Wheat Cheese Crackers


Whole Wheat Cheese Crackers

I’ve always wanted to prepare cheese crackers at home but resisted the idea. It was a sinful indulgence, according to me. But recently I was gifted some parmesan cheese. I couldn’t resist it any more. I wanted to make it as healthy as possible. I used less butter compared to the original recipe. I used whole wheat flour but wasn’t sure about the taste and the texture. I was surprised when it turned out quite tasty. Of course, these things also require a bit of getting used to. But any health conscious person would love this healthy substitute for cheese crackers. So here's the recipe. Happy baking!


  

Ingredients
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Cheese (grated) – ½ cup
Butter – 1 tbsp
Black Pepper powder (coarsely ground) - 1 tsp (according to taste)
Salt – ¼ tsp

Method
Cream the butter and cheese together
Add the whole wheat flour and mix to form a crumbly mixture
Add little warm water to make dough
Refrigerate it for 15 mins
Roll out on a floured board and cut into squares
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Bake the crackers for 20 to 25 mins
(Temperature varies with different ovens so keep an eye)



No comments:

Post a Comment