Friday, June 19, 2015

Healthy Feasting

Healthy Feasting

Ramadan is the one-month of fasting and feasting phase for muslims all over. I still don't understand how they go on with food and water for 15 hours at a stretch. My muslim friends tell me that they break their fast with fresh dates and khajur followed by fruits and then a variety of fried delicacies, tandoori chicken, naan, rotis and the likes.
The dates and fruits are much needed to regulate their blood sugar balance which has surely dipped during the period of fast. I have put together a few tried and tasted (by me, of course), using fruits, dates, cereal and chicken in a healthy style.   
I have also added curd cutlet for that much needed protein to make up for the muscle loss, which accompanies long periods of fasting. I have also included a paneer cutlet, which would be a good early morning meal. This morning meal is around 4 am which is also their last meal for the day. Paneer is an extremely slow digesting protein, which provides satiety for a longer time. It provides a slow release of sugar into the bloodstream and helps to maintain blood sugar and energy levels. 

Click on this link for some of my healthy recipes:   http://www.thehealthsite.com/author/prema-kodical/

No comments:

Post a Comment